Выберите правильный вариант:
1. On the foundry, liquid hydrogen must be stored in large stainless steel tanks with double walls filled with (...) and evacuated to a high vacuum.
2. That is our firm's (...) that the new law should be implemented immediately.
3. One should never (...) in the disputes of neighbours; the best policy is to keep out of other people's affairs.
4. The theme of that play is quite complicated, but the actual (...) of the story is quite simple.
5. When Newton arrived in Cambridge in 1661, the movement now known as the scientific revolution was well advanced, and many of the works (...) to modern science had appeared.
6. Physically speaking, the Pacific Basin includes not only all those countries bordering on the Pacific coast but also the Pacific island nations (...) across the ocean.
7. At the beginning of the 20th century, Albert Einstein developed the theory of relativity, (...) that Newtonian mechanics could not be applied to bodies moving at speeds close to the speed of light
8. The ambitious staff of the language learning centre have shown great (...) in performing their duties.
9. In the operation of nuclear reactors, great care is exercised to protect personnel in the area and to (...) instruments that are sensitive.
10. The field of statistical thermodynamics provides a deeper understanding of such (...) as temperature, vapour pressure, and diffusion.
11. Census taking was not a widespread practice before 1800, so it is impossible to trace the history of world urbanization with any (...) until the 19th century.
12. It is a book rich in ideas and beauty, a material that (...) and tries to answer great fundamental questions and demands the most active reading one is capable of.
13. Judging from her recent speeches to the public, the Prime Minister seems to be trying to (...) the confidence of her people.
14. Many local authorities are (...) opposed to the introduction of comprehensive schooling despite the disadvantage of having undereducated people.
15. Because he had researched the subject so (...), he was able to answer all the questions he was asked effortlessly.